Acupuncture at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford
Ancient China brings to the Western world the wonders of Acupuncture. Over the past few decades, Acupuncture has been incorporated into physiotherapy treatment options. Your physiotherapist at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford may recommend Acupuncture be added to your treatment plan to promote more rapid healing and full recovery.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture helps manage pain and soft tissue injuries by enhancing your body’s natural healing response. Your physiotherapist stimulates your body to release natural pain-relieving chemicals to reduce pain. These endorphins, melatonin, and serotonin support healing, especially when used with other physiotherapy modalities.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture treatments restore your normal energy balance with very fine needles your physiotherapist inserts through the skin and tissues. The needles target points along “meridians” to reduce your pain. With less pain, your body more easily restores balance to promote rapid and complete healing.
Is Acupuncture Painful?
No. Most patients notice sensations, but they should not be painful. Acupuncture needles are super thin and flexible, so many people don’t feel them at all. Some people feel only a mild sensation when inserted. Our registered physiotherapists at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford are professionally trained to provide painless acupuncture treatments.
Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture is commonly integrated as part of a complete physiotherapy recovery plan. Your physiotherapist at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford may recommend Acupuncture:
- For Stress Reduction – Many patients find acupuncture treatments lower stress hormones, reduce anxiety, moderate mood, and improve feelings of well-being.
- To Reduce Pain – Acupuncture provides drug-free relief from back pain, joint pain, and neck tension, reduces swelling, and inflammation.
- For Headaches – Many patients at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy are thrilled with how well Acupuncture treats headaches and migraines.
- To Support Your Immune System – Acupuncture helps boost your immune system, often reducing the duration and relieving symptoms.
- For Greater Mental Clarity, Energy, and Better Sleep – Acupuncture helps balance your system for more acuity, energy, and sleep.
- To Treat Repetitive Strains – Acupuncture supports the healing of repetitive stress injuries, often eliminating the requirement for surgery or prescription pain medications.
Acupuncture’s most common side effect is relaxation and a sense of euphoria!
What to Expect During Your Acupuncture Treatment in Abbotsford
Your therapist at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford uses single-use, pre-sterilized needles. The insertion takes only a few minutes, after which you rest quietly for 20 to 30 minutes.
You’ll probably need about three sessions, but many patients notice an immediate improvement. Results do add up, and pain reduces as you have more treatments.
Book an Acupuncture Appointment at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford
Acupuncture at Mt. Lehman Physiotherapy in Abbotsford can reduce pain, stimulate healing, and improve your mobility. So, call today to see how Acupuncture can help you.